( Back to newsroom )
Android 14 beta
We're proud to share the first Android 14 Beta as part of our Developer Preview Program.
This Android 14 build is still in the early development stage and some features may be missing or not working. It is better suited for developers and other advanced users, but not recommended for ordinary users.
After you upgrade to Android 14 Beta, your phone storage will be formatted, and all your data will be erased. We recommend treating the beta with caution and backing up your information.
- Fingerprints can't be registered
- Face unlock unavailable
- Glyph features unavailable
- Battery sharing unavailable
- No Portrait Mode or slow motion feature in the camera app
- No pre-installed Nothing weather and Nothing X apps
- Screen cast to TV connection unavailable
How to upgrade to Android 14 Developer Preview
- Go to "Settings > About phone > Software info" to confirm that your system has been updated to the latest version (Nothing OS 1.5.4). If not, please go to "Settings > System > System update" to check for updates.
- Download the latest software update package.
- Create a folder named "ota" in your device's internal storage directory.
- Copy the package to the "ota" folder.
- Go to your phone's dial screen and enter the following code: *#*#682#*#*
- The local update tool will now open. In the drop-down list that appears, select the upgrade package you just copied.
* The drop-down list will display all files in the "ota" folder - you can update the list by tapping the "RELOAD" button.
* If the upgrade package does not appear in the drop-down list, tap the "Browse" button to select the "ota" folder and then select the upgrade package.
* Please make sure you have prepared the correct upgrade package for your device. If the upgrade package is wrong, it will show an error prompt "Verify metadata file status".
- Tap the "Directly apply OTA from selection" button to start updating.
* Please do not remove the app from the background during the update as this may cause issues with the updating process. It is recommended that you keep the local update tool until the process is completed. This will help ensure a smooth and successful update process.
- Reboot your device
After the upgrade process is complete, a pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reboot your device. We strongly recommend selecting "Confirm" here, as upgrades require a reboot to enter the new version.
- Upgrade successful
How to roll back to the stable build
|This roll-back solution will erase all the data of your devices. Please be sure to backup first.|
- Download the roll-back package
- The following steps are the same as upgrading
Thanks for your participation. If you have any other questions, please send feedback via the following link: Send feedback